Monday, August 5, 2013

I’m Still Here

It’s been a while since I’ve posted anything. 

Sorry. I’ve been busy.

One of the things that kept me away is actually something about which I am legally unable to give any details. No fun, huh? I will say this: it will be neat when I am able to tell folks what it was/is.

I was part of a ridiculously successful Kickstarter project that took the anthology from 2012’s Origins convention and made it available for wide release. The goal was to raise $7,500 and the final figure was over $28,000. Nifty, huh?

The publisher hunt progresses. There was an exciting moment back in May/June where I was ready to jump up and down whilst screaming, when, through no fault of my own, things fell apart. Frustration is too mild a word for my feelings on the matter.

So, I continue to do the only thing I can: write. I’m currently at the 38% mark of editing book three in the Children of the White Lion series. Beta readers are trailing me (they’re at around chapter 10) and providing excellent feedback.

That’s it for now. Short and sweet. So short, in fact, that I’ll use up a bit more space by passing along a neat note sent to me by a reader:

“Your books have a special place in my collection. My significant others’ twin 8 year old boys have been getting a few pages each day of Progeny as I tend to reread books as a new one is getting ready for release, I like to make sure I keep the story straight in my head. The boys love the way you describe the magic, its easy for them to picture the strings of color while I'm reading.

I can't wait to get my hands on a copy of book three. I constantly have been checking to see what's happening with it (I guess I should be happy that I'm not waiting 6 years for the next book like I have gotten use to with another one of my favorite book series...damn you Song of Fire and Ice!!!!!) Your books have been just as great and I'm sure like the first two I won't be able to put down the third book until I've gotten all the way through it.”

I love hearing stuff like this.

I purposely wrote these books so that a parent can read them then pass them along to their kid and feel good about doing so. Or the opposite. A kid can read them and then give it to their parent, knowing he or she will also enjoy it.

Having a parent actually READ it to their kids? Even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment